Mr. Shearer has nearly 30 years of experience in the trust and investment industry of which 15 years have been with Old National Wealth Management (formerly Tower Trust Company). He earned a B.S. in Finance from Indiana University in 1986 and completed the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program in 1994. Gary has been very involved in community activities over the years, having served as Board Chair for the Jorgensen Family YMCA, the Boys and Girls Clubs of Fort Wayne, and the Mustard Seed Furniture Bank. Currently, he is the Board Chair of Visit Fort Wayne, and serves as a member of the IBA Trust Committee, the Mustard Seed Furniture Bank Board Development Committee, the Endowment Fund Committee of Christ’s Community Church, the CFA Institute and the CFA Society of Indianapolis.
Old National Wealth Management (formerly Tower Trust Company), 1999 to date
- Senior Vice President, Client Advisor Manager – Old National Wealth Mgmt.
- President & CEO – Tower Trust Company
- Executive Vice President – Tower Financial Corp.
National City Bank/Fort Wayne National Bank/Valley American Bank, 1990 to 1999
- Vice President, Reg. Manager of Charitable and Endow. Services – NCB
- Vice President, Chief Investment Officer – Fort Wayne National Bank
- Vice President, Investment Officer – Valley American Bank (So. Bend, IN)
American National Bank (Vincennes, IN), 1986 to 1990
- Asst. Vice President, Trust Officer – American National Bank
- BS in Finance, Indiana University, 1986
- Chartered Financial Analyst, 1994
Current Volunteer Activities
- Visit Fort Wayne – currently serves as board chair and chair of Exec. Committee and has served as Vice Chair and Treasurer, 2008 to present.
- Mustard Seed Furniture Bank of Fort Wayne, Inc. – currently serves as a member of the Board Development Committee and has served as Board Chair, Vice Chair and Treasurer, and board member, 2008 to present.
- Christ’s Community Church – currently serves as a member of the Endowment Fund Committee has served as Chair of the Endowment Fund Committee and as a Deacon, 1995 to present.
- IBA Trust Committee – currently serves as a member of the committee, 1999 to present
- CFA Society of Indianapolis – currently serves as a member of the Society, 1994 to present
- CFA Institute – currently serves as a member of the Institute, 1994 to present
Previous Volunteer Activities
- Jorgensen Family YMCA – Board Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Board Member
- YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne – Metro Board, Board Member
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Fort Wayne – Board Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Board Member
- Anthony Wayne Area Council of Boy Scouts – Board Member
- Fort Wayne Philharmonic Orchestra – Board Member
Gary has been married to wife Laura since 1989. Two children; Parker age 22 attending Indiana State University, and Amanda age 20 attending Ball State University. Born and raised in Marion, IN and has been a lifelong resident of Indiana. Enjoys spending time with family, the outdoors, fishing, water skiing, wake boarding, snow skiing, “tinkering” around the house and garage, and rooting for IU basketball/football, the Colts and the St. Louis Cardinals.